As I am working on this month’s post for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I received wonderful and unexpected news from a friend and fellow genealogy blogger. Denise Muhammad, author of They Came From Virginia, nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I visit Denise’s blog often, her style of writing is engaging and her stories always inspire me to go back and check a few more sources for my own research. Best of all, she shares some fantastic pictures with her posts!
Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog
- Share Seven things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!)
- Contact your bloggers to let them know that you’ve tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award
Seven Things About Me:
1. I was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin but I have lived in California, Texas and Illinois
2. I have been researching my family roots for more than 20 years
3. Besides being a genealogist, I work as a freelance writer and journalist
4. When I have free time, I enjoying reading and crossword puzzles
5. I volunteer as a breast cancer advocate, and have lobbied in Washington D.C.
6. I studied classical ballet and modern dance for 15 years
7. I play the piano, but I had to play the oboe in band (imagine that!)
It was difficult to choose, there are so many great blogs out there. Here are 15 Bloggers that I Admire:
1. Claiming Kin by Liv Taylor-Harris
2. Saving Stories by Robin Foster
3. My Ancestor’s Name by Angela Walton-Raji
4. My Blessing That Is SCD by Humbly Blessed
5. Scuffalong:Genealogy by Lisa Henderson
6. Taneya’s Genealogy Blog by Taneya Koonce
7. Ancestors In The Present by Tammy Ozier
8. My Journey: Breaking Down The Walls by Nique Starpg
9. Genealogy With Valerie by Valerie Hughes
10. Adam Henig by Adam Henig
11. Genealogy Adventures by Brian Sheffey
12. Pieces of Me: Bayou Teche Genealogy by Stephani Miller
13. Between the Gate Posts by Linda Rudd
14. My Roots My Blog by Tasia
15. Arkansas Roots: The Stories of my Family by Jamila Sloan Barahona
For those on my list, if you have already been nominated I’m pretty certain that you don’t have to nominate a group. This list could be much longer, as I had a hard time narrowing it down to 15. There are so many bloggers that I follow that inspire me, and I hope that they will continue sharing their stories with us in the future.
I will be contacting the 15 bloggers on my list, unless they see this post and contact me first. Thanks again to Denise for the nomination. I feel very proud to be included in your list of lovely blogs!